- Listed: April 19, 2014 10:09 am
Recipe type: main meal
Cuisine: South African
- 1 Tbs (heaped) flour
- 3 Tbs All Gold tomato sauce
- 3 Tbs Mrs Balls Chutney- maybe Wellingtons
- 3 Tbs golden syrup
- 1 Tbs curry powder(increase if you wish)
- 3 Tbs white vinegar- I always put in 2 first and them add the 3rd if needed
- 1 chili - optional
- 1 kg lamb knuckles or beef cubes
- 1 big onion- finely chopped
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger grated
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 star anise
- Vegetable oil
- Mutton or beef stock
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 kg potatoes - cubed
- Mix the tomato sauce with the flour first this prevent lumps from forming.
- Then add all the other ingredients and mix. Keep until needed.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions. garlic, ginger and all the spices.
- When the onion is soft, add the meat and brown slightly.
- Add the stock and let it cook until the meat is soft and falling off the bone.
- Add some stock if needed.
- When the meat is soft, add the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Make sure there is enough liquid in the pot.
- Add the sauce and cook through.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve on basmati rice
Ad Reference ID: 91653522f3dde5bc
413 total views, 2 today