- Listed: April 19, 2014 9:37 am
Great served with strawberry jam
Cuisine: World Wide / British
Serves: 12 scones
- 1 oz. butter, softened
- • 10 oz. self-raising flour
- • 2 ½ tsp. sugar
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • 1 ½ oz. butter, cut into ¼ inch bits and thoroughly chilled
- • 1 egg
- • 6 tbs. milk
- *Preheat the oven to 450’F.
- *Grease a large baking sheet with the softened butter, using a pastry brush, and set it aside.
- *Rub the flour, sugar, salt and butter together into a large chilled mixing bowl until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- * Beat the egg with a whisk or fork until it froths and set about a tablespoon of it aside in a small dish.
- *Beat the milk into the rest of the egg and pour over the flour mixture.
- *Mix lightly and quickly with your hands or a round-bladed knife until the dough can be gathered into a compact ball.
- *Dust lightly with flour and roll the dough out into a ¼ inch thick circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 2 inch rounds with a cutter or the rim of a glass. Re-roll the scraps and repeat.
- * Place the rounds about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet and brush lightly with the reserved egg.
- *Bake near the top of the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until light brown.
- *Serve split and buttered.
Ad Reference ID: 132535227d2bb0cb
823 total views, 2 today