- Listed: April 25, 2014 9:24 am
Tarragon Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet gherkins, plus 1 teaspoon brine
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon, plus 12 tarragon leaves, for garnish
- Put the eggs in a small saucepot. Add cold water to cover by about 1-inch. Bring the water to a boil over medium-low heat, then turn off the heat, cover and let sit for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the eggs down in cold water, then peel and split lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a bowl and reserve the whites.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks with salt, pepper, to taste, and Dijon until smooth.
- Add the shallot, gherkins, brine and tarragon and stir to combine.
- If too thick, add a teaspoon more of gherkin brine liquid.
- Spoon into a re-sealable plastic bag and cut off a corner.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Top each half with a tarragon leaf. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
400 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.